Your West Shore Home acrylic bath system will always look as good as the day it was installed – Just follow these simple cleaning instructions:
FOR BEST RESULTS, LESS IS BEST!
• Clean the bathing area with a soft cloth, sponge (safe for Teflon surface) or soft brush and warm water.
• To soften mineral deposits, use a solution of vinegar and water.
• Always thoroughly rinse with warm water after cleaning.
DO NOT USE:
• Abrasive cleansers, such as Soft Scrub, Comet Scratch Free, cleaning powder or scouring pads (to test for abrasive agents, rub a small amount between your fingers…if it is rough, it will scratch your acrylic system)
• Any products with Ammonia-D or acetone (nail polish remover)
• Any products using an aerosol proponent
• Products with harsh chemicals such as Lysol Disinfectant, Dow Disinfectant and Lestoil
• Crystal drain cleansers
• Any leave on cleansers
Glass Plus, 409, Fantastik, Kaboom and Scrub Free.Remember: ALWAYS RINSE WITH CLEAN, WARM WATER IMMEDIATELY AFTER CLEANING.
• Glass Plus
• Scrub Free
• Non-Ammonia Windex
• Denatured Alcohol
DO NOT USE:
• Soft Scrub
• Comet Scratch Free
• Scouring Pads
• Scouring Cleansers
• Aerosol Cleaners
• Lysol Disinfectant
• Dow Disinfectant
• Crystal Drain cleaners
• Any leave-on cleanser
What if I get pink mold in my shower/bath?
You can’t always clean your unit on a weekly basis. Therefore, you may see pink mold on the caulk lines. No worries! Just rub diluted bleach on the caulk to remove the pink mold prior to it turning into black mold. Then clean the walls, shower pan, or bathtub using Scrub Free and a mesh sponge as described above.
What if I get black mold in my shower/bath?
So what happens if you neglect cleaning for a long period of time and you get black mold on your caulk? No problem, for any previous West Shore Home customer we will re-caulk and clean your tub/shower for you and get your unit looking new again. If your remodel is less than 1 year old we will re-caulk the unit for free. If your unit is over one year old (as stated in your contract) there will be a small service charge to re-caulk the unit.